We invite experienced professionals, talented office support and new graduates to investigate the broad range of employment opportunities identified below. To learn more about our association, go to the AMA Workplace, or check out our employee benefits.
If you experience technical difficulty completing the AMA's application for employment contact Placement@ama-assn.org
Join the American Medical Association (AMA), the nation’s largest professional Association of physicians and help doctors help patients in your role as Secretary, Council on Medical Education/Associate Director, Center for Transforming Medical Education. As Secretary of the Council on Medical Education (CME), you will provide leadership in all aspects of the work of the Council, including coordinating the work with external national organizations and AMA governance groups. As Associate Director of the AMA Center for Transforming Medical Education (CTME), you will provide leadership in medical education on issues of national importance, including medical education financing and new directions in the entire continuum of medical education. As Assistant Secretary to the AMA Secretariat of the Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME),you will provide support in upholding the standards of medical education.
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
1. MD degree.
2. Experience and education qualifications must be sufficient to permit the establishment and maintenance of peer relationships with leaders in academic medicine, medical school administrators, and physician members.
3. At least five years of increasingly substantive experience in medical education management and related activities.
4. Significant direct experience with medical education and with the accreditation process, including extensive knowledge of current issues in medical education and accreditation.
5. Involvement in medical education at the national level, such as national consultations.
6. Liaison with national medical specialty organizations.
7. Experience in medical education research and grant writing, including a record of peer reviewed publications and grant/contract support.
8. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to team efforts, including supervision of staff, and to work collaboratively with professionals within and outside of the AMA.
9. Demonstrated ability to conceive and conduct research, to analyze and synthesize data, and to present findings orally and in writing.
10. Excellent planning and time-management skills; ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
11. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
12. Considerable travel required.
The AMA also offers employees a unique opportunity -- to play a role in shaping the way health care is provided in this country. We offer a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a convenient downtown location. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce.
External applicants may apply by going to www.ama-assn.jobs, and contacting Peggy Boswell at 312-464-5534. We hope to hear from you soon!