We invite experienced professionals, talented office support and new graduates to investigate the broad range of employment opportunities identified below. To learn more about our association, go to the AMA Workplace, or check out our employee benefits.
If you experience technical difficulty completing the AMA's application for employment contact Placement@ama-assn.org
Provide leadership to the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME), the
accrediting body for the 137 MD-granting medical schools in the United States,
including directing the process to evaluate medical schools, managing the creation of
LCME policies, directing preparation for LCME meetings, and consulting with medical
school leadership during the accreditation process. Provide leadership to the Division of
Undergraduate Medical Education, including directing the collection and dissemination
of data from US medical schools to enhance the quality of U.S. medical education.
· Doctorate degree required (PhD, MD, or equivalent); MD preferred.
· At least 5 years experience in a senior faculty or administrative position in an MD-granting medical school.
· Demonstrated experience in the U.S. system of medical school accreditation required; participation as an LCME survey team member or self-study coordinator preferred.
· Documented experience in conducting educational research and in grant development preferred, including familiarity with computer-based statistical and database management programs.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent ability to work collaboratively with professionals within and outside of the AMA.
· Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to teams. Excellent attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple tasks and to manage people and deadlines required.
· Significant travel required.
The AMA also offers employees a unique opportunity -- to play a role in shaping the way health care is provided in this country. We offer a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a convenient downtown location. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce.
Internal candidates may apply by completing an internal Career Opportunity Application found on our Intranet site, and submitting it to Chris Lenz in Human Resources. External applicants may also apply online at www.ama-assn.jobs. We hope to hear from you soon!