We invite experienced professionals, talented office support and new graduates to investigate the broad range of employment opportunities identified below. To learn more about our association, go to the AMA Workplace, or check out our employee benefits.
If you experience technical difficulty completing the AMA's application for employment contact Placement@ama-assn.org
The American Medical Association (AMA), the nation’s largest professional Association of physicians, has a dynamic opportunity for the right individual in a very fast pace, deadline driven IT environment. In your role as a Systems Administrator II, you will design, engineer and support our Microsoft SharePoint platform for the support of AMA internally and externally facing SharePoint-based applications. This includes, but is not limited to, the installation and maintenance of SharePoint software and applications, change and release management activities, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and general application support activities for SharePoint-based enterprise applications. Specific responsibilities include the following:
1. Install SharePoint software and SharePoint related tools and applications to support AMA SharePoint-based Enterprise Business Systems. Maintain applications by ensuring that necessary patches are applied to SharePoint Platform. Ensure systems maintain integrity by maintaining daily, weekly and monthly backups. Ensure ability to support applications with adequate performance through active capacity management and system tuning.
2. Provide application specific support for enterprise applications. This includes planning, implementing, and administrating enterprise IT products for full life-cycle management. Follow architecture strategy of growing, maintaining or retiring IT products and services in the enterprise application portfolio.
3. Provide developer and end-user support for enterprise applications. This includes addressing user incident tickets, resolving server and application performance issues, and client desktop interface issues when applicable.
4. Participate in the ITIL IT Management process. Address IT incidents through to resolution in a timely manner. Participate in Problem Management of enterprise IT systems if necessary. Schedule Changes and Releases of software following the guidelines and policies setup by the governance board. Report on Capacity Management when required.
To qualify for this important position, you must possess the following:
1. BS or BA degree in computer science or related field is required.
2. Minimum 5 years of experience as a SharePoint administrator in support of enterprise applications.
3. Must possess strong planning, organizational, and prioritizing skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
4. Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
5. Must be able to work effectively within a team environment and communicate effectively. Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
6. Ability to work long hours when necessary, to travel, attend educational events, and to meet with vendors and high-level business leaders.
In return for your expertise, the AMA also offers employees a unique opportunity -- to play a role in shaping the way health care is provided in this country. We offer a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a convenient downtown location. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce, and we encourage Veterans to apply!
Internal candidates may apply by completing an internal Career Opportunity Application found on our Intranet site, and submitting it to Mary Hebein in Human Resources. External applicants may apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com or faxing it to (312) 464-5871. You may also apply online at www.ama-assn.org. We hope to hear from you soon!
|Computer and Information Management||Chicago|