We invite experienced professionals, talented office support and new graduates to investigate the broad range of employment opportunities identified below. To learn more about our association, go to the AMA Workplace, or check out our employee benefits.
If you experience technical difficulty completing the AMA's application for employment contact Placement@ama-assn.org
The American Medical Association (AMA), the nation’s largest professional Association of physicians, has a dynamic Opportunity for the right individual. In this vital role, you will analyze, design and develop systems solutions (simple to medium complexity) for business problems. You will program, test, implement, upgrade, document, maintain, enhance and support software systems.
Opportunities exist for new development with web service layer architecture and analysis of legacy applications with recommendations for potential rewrite of these applications. Additional expectations are to provide overall support of web based applications, backend applications and interface applications for key business units within the AMA.
• BS or BA degree in computer science or related field.
• 1 - 3 years of overall IT experience in broad technical skills necessary, with a solid understanding of web based technology.
• 1 - 3 years of solid experience with programming in JAVA J2EE and/or analysis in applicable information systems tools and technology.
• 1 - 3 years of solid experience with frameworks such as Spring, Struts, and/or Hibernate.
• 1 - 3 years of demonstrated knowledge of relational database design and development using SQL, DB2, etc.
• 2 + years of solid experience in developing web services and/or API applications.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with the Oracle ATG Web Commerce 9.1 or greater
• Experience with web analytics tagging particularly Google Analytics
• Experience developing SOAP Web Services or ESB in SOA
• 1 - 2 years of experience with WebSphere application server
• 1 + years of UML diagramming experience
• Mobile application development experience
• Knowledge of Tivoli Access Manager (TAM) application development for enterprise Single Sign On (eSSO) and TDS synchronization using TDI scripts
Problem Solving / Interpersonal Skills:
• Ability to analyze performance issues within applications/databases and make recommendations for improvement.
• Ability to do simple to medium complexity programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis, and resolve issues within application systems. Knowledge and understanding of the concepts and techniques of structured programming and design program development is desirable. Requires support and guidance in some areas.
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience and varying levels within the organization. Demonstrated ability to work well within a team of application developers on project tasks.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Effectively manages own and other team members time.
• Ability to effectively create unit test plan and ability to effectively unit test application development enhancements.
• Ability to express technical concepts effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to travel occasionally, work long hours and meet with vendors and mid-level business leaders.
In return for your expertise, the AMA also offers employees a unique opportunity -- to play a role in shaping the way health care is provided in this country. We offer a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a convenient downtown location. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. We encourage Veterans to apply.
To apply for this position internal candidates can complete an Internal Career Opportunity Application found on the AMA Intranet site, and submit it to Delores Hill in Human Resources. External applicants may apply by going to www.ama-assn.jobs and submit a resume. I hope to hear from you soon!
|Computer and Information Management||Chicago|