We invite experienced professionals, talented office support and new graduates to investigate the broad range of employment opportunities identified below. To learn more about our association, go to the AMA Workplace, or check out our employee benefits.
If you experience technical difficulty completing the AMA's application for employment contact Placement@ama-assn.org
The American Medical Association (AMA), the nation’s largest professional association of physicians, has a dynamic opportunity for the right individual. You will help lead the transformation within AMA to a One AMA vision by architecting, designing and developing next generation SharePoint solutions that nurture collaboration and empower problem solving across the organization.
• BS or BA degree in computer science or related field is required.
• Microsoft Solutions Developer Certification (MCSD) is required.
• 8+ years SharePoint architecture and design experience in customizing SharePoint; including using the MOSS object model and SharePoint Designer, together with custom web part development, site definitions, features, event handlers and Nintex or SharePoint Workflows.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of SharePoint concepts and design approaches is required. Able to work independently and on teams. Experience leading SharePoint developers on SharePoint best practices is preferred. Knowledge of SharePoint architectural design, hands on SharePoint and Web development experience, management and troubleshooting with a focus on deploying and supporting enterprise wide SharePoint solutions. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to leverage SharePoint to drive innovation in relation to collaboration.
• Strong understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) in a SharePoint environment. Familiarity with both waterfall and iterative methodologies, such as AGILE, required.
• Strong understanding of multi-tier client-server architectures, web and relational database technologies. Ability to assist in database design, experience with stored procedures, triggers and Business Intelligence Stack technologies including (DTS) SSIS, SSRS database technologies.
• 3+ years of experience configuring External SharePoint Platform and integration development experience with authentication repositories such as Tivoli Access Manager or similar authentication repositories is required.
• 3+ years of experience in SharePoint administration specifically in administering and deploying medium to large production SharePoint environments is required.
• 5+ years of experience in InfoPath forms development, XML, .Net development, MOSS Business Data Catalog, BCS Configuration, Excel Services, Access Services, and Search Service Applications.
• Proven success in migrating SharePoint sites content to the SharePoint 2013 platform and expertise in 3rd party migration tools such as Dell Migration Suite is preferred.
• Ability to collect and analyze business requirements and recommend the optimal solution using SharePoint and/or related technologies. Strong ability to assist clients with business requirements for their SharePoint and Office System based solutions and create the appropriate information architecture, taxonomy and solution approach.
• Ability to design complex solutions and mentor individual SharePoint Design developers on complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis, business process workflow analysis and issue resolution within SharePoint 2013.
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience and varying levels within the organization. Demonstrated ability to work well within a team of SharePoint developers to lead portions of projects or tasks.
• Ability to analyze performance issues within applications/databases and make recommendations for improvement, as well as, optimization of the SharePoint environment.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously. Effectively manages own and other team members time. Able to lead customers and a project team in execution of both Extranet and Intranet solution hosted on SharePoint 2013.
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to learn, document, and successfully retain new skills to serve as backup in various system support areas as required.
• Ability to travel occasionally, work long hours and meet with vendors and high-level business leaders.
In return for your expertise, the AMA also offers employees a unique opportunity -- to play a role in shaping the way health care is provided in this country. We offer a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a convenient downtown location.
To apply for this position internal candidates can complete an Internal Career Opportunity Application found on the AMA Intranet site, and submit it to Delores Hill in Human Resources. External applicants may apply by going to www.ama-assn.jobs and submit a resume. We hope to hear from you soon! We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. We encourage Veterans to apply.
|Computer and Information Management||Chicago|