We invite experienced professionals, talented office support and new graduates to investigate the broad range of employment opportunities identified below. To learn more about our association, go to the AMA Workplace, or check out our employee benefits.
If you experience technical difficulty completing the AMA's application for employment contact Placement@ama-assn.org
The American Medical Association (AMA), the nation’s largest professional association of physicians, has a dynamic opportunity for the right individual. As a direct report to the CIO, you will be responsible for IT Portfolio, Program, and Financial management. You will identify, plan, prepare and deliver integrated technology solutions that support the AMA’s Strategic Goals and Objectives and will play a key role in aligning execution outcomes to the overall business strategies and roadmaps. The Portfolio Director will provide the services and talent necessary to continuously improve IT Portfolio processes and execution methods and will ensure that in a ensure that consistent and timely processes are understood and followed in a matrixed IT environment.
• Bachelor’s degree and 8-12 years of progressive Project/Program/Portfolio experience in information technology environments, including 3-5 years of management level experience.
• Experience in systems planning, systems development, systems implementation, IT management, and financial accountability and reporting.
• Proven track record of successful management of large, mission critical information technology projects, programs, and portfolios.
• Excellent analytical, visualization, presentation, and reporting skills.
• Master of Excel and MS Project in planning, resourcing, managing, and reporting initiative activities.
• Strong cross-functional leadership and interpersonal skills to build and maintain working relationships across a complex organization
• Excellent understanding of project management processes and techniques, including common Waterfall and Agile methodologies, processes, and techniques.
• Polished, senior executive level, written communication and presentation skills
• Well developed political and organizational sensitivity
• Solid budget and financial management skills
• Some travel may occasionally be required.
In return for your expertise, the AMA also offers employees a unique opportunity -- to play a role in shaping the way health care is provided in this country. We offer a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a convenient downtown location.
To apply for this position internal candidates can complete an Internal Career Opportunity Application found on the AMA Intranet site, and submit it to Mary Hebein in Human Resources. External applicants may apply by going to www.ama-assn.jobs and submit a resume. We hope to hear from you soon! We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. We encourage Veterans to apply.
|Computer and Information Management||Chicago|